The Microbe Lift Super Start is specially formulated for all biological (bead) filters. Like most types of mechanical/biological filters, bead filters rely on the use of a media that provides a high surface area/volume ratio. This allows for support of the necessary amount of biomass, in the form of a biofilm, to properly remove organic and inorganic waste from the water. Within the biofilm it is possible to carry out aerobic, facultative, anaerobic and chemosynthetic processed. Microbe-Lift Super Start contains all these bacteria capable of carrying out all of the necessary processes for optimum performance of bead filters.
Microbe Lift Super Start will provide the following benefits - When used according to dosage instructions
- Rapid establishment of organic removal capabilities
- Rapid establishment of nitrogen cycling including nitrification and denitrification
- Reduce build up of residue in the filter reducing maintenance and improving filter efficiency by reducing "channeling"
- Breakdown of residual medications, like tea tree oils and formalin products which are inhibitory to most bacteria after use
- Effective over a wide range of pH levels
- Reduces ammonia nitrogen levels
- Significantly reduces noxious odors caused by algae, fish waste and urine
- Reduces hydrogen sulphide, which creates strong offensive odors