A compact member of the Nexus family, the EazyPod Complete is a mechanical and biological filter system for garden ponds up to 10,000 litres. The EazyPod Complete utilises static K1 Micro, which provides enhanced biological benefits, even when using the EazyPod Complete solely as a mechanical waste filter.
Unlike the EazyPod and EazyPodAir, the EazyPod Complete benefits from having an integrated 18 Watt UVC built in to the inlet section of the filter. This makes it a complete filter system in one, helping to eradicate green water, therefore delivering crystal clear and healthy water for your fish.
How the EazyPod Complete works
Water from the pond enters the EazyPod Complete via the inlet, cascading around the 18 Watt UV-C bulb, where any algae will be exposed to the UV-C radiation.
The water then flows around the circumference of the outer chamber of the EazyPod Complete, passing through the stainless steel grill causing many of the larger solids to be filtered out and settle in the base of the outer chamber. This is the first stage of mechanical filtration.
As water enters the central chamber, through the stainless steel grill, the fine smaller solids become trapped in the mass of K1 Micro. Bio-films build up on the protected surface area within each piece of media, allowing biological filtration to take place.
After passing through the K1 Micro, the clean water then rises and overflows into the inner return pipe and flows back to the pond via the outlet.
The EazyPod Complete is incredibly simple to clean. The connected air pump is used during the cleaning cycle to agitate the K1 Micro to free up any debris and waste that has built up within the filter.
All EazyPod Complete models are supplied with a 70 litre per minute air pump and accessory kit.
1. Pond Pump. Please ensure that the pump’s maximum actual flow rate is no more than the specified limits.
2. Air Pump for cleaning the K1 Micro. The supplied EA Airpump 70 is recommended.
3. A length of garden hose or braided pipe (10 mm inner diameter) to connect your air pump to the air ring inside the EazyPod Complete.
4. Tip: When connecting to your air pump, cut an inch from the airline supplied on the EazyPod Complete. Insert this into the hose pipe that connects to the air pump. This will help maintain the hosepipe’s rigidity when inserting it into the rubber connector and clip supplied with your air pump.
5. Pipe work from the unit’s waste valves to the intended discharge point. This can be rigid pipe work or a simple flexible hose.
Installation - PUMP FED ONLY
EazyPod Complete can only be installed on PUMP FED set-ups.
Pump Fed Set-Ups
By this we mean that if your pump is going to be used to supply the water to the filter, and the filtered water then returns back into your pond via gravity, i.e. down a waterfall, or through a large diameter pipe, this is referred to as PUMP FED (i.e. the water is fed to the filter using a pump).
Important Note: As deliveries require a signature, a day will need to be confirmed before it is sent out.